Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Company Skip Keeps

I've had my fair share of dealings with huge, bureaucratic companies which in spite of the hold on their respective markets (Sprint and Comcast, to name a few) are completely inept and outrageously inefficient. It is truly enough to make the blood boil.

However, there are a few wonders of the capitalist world which seem to have maintained some sense of humanity, customer service and intelligence of corporate design. For me, each and every encounter with these behemoths has been pleasantly easy, even helpful and, dare I say it, satisfactory. Now, I completely understand that each person can have very different experiences with the same company, but the following have meaning to me because they have been consistent, and well, because this is my Blog.

I suppose the sad thing is that there are only 3.

COMPANIES SKIP KEEPS:
(1) DirectTV (A+)
(2) T-Mobile
(3) PG&E