Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Skip's Fabulous

When we were younger, my sister, Fabs, and I used to joke that half of her and half of me together would be the perfect person; her feminine upper half including her amazing (and natural!) flax-colored hair, gorgeous shoulders, equine nose and azure eyes and my lower half which meant, my, um, legs.

Now that I have a minute, I'm going to think a little bit more about this perfect woman. She must possess Abby's no-nonsense attitude, motivation, passion, lively spirit and love of all things fun. She would have my patience. She must have Abby's fashion sense, talent for interior design and restaurant knowledge. I'm going to donate my sense of direction, driving capabilities, shaky grasp of current events (Hollywood gossip doesn't count) and my hands (I know, I know, technically in the upper half). Oh, there's no doubt she would have to have Abby's story-telling ability, recipe for artichoke dip, talent for nicknames, fascination with 'Laguna Beach' and 'The O.C.' Clearly, we would give her Abby's grace and poise, her sense of determination and resilience, her warm smile, superior wit and generosity. She would have Fabs' sense of humor, cheerful radiance, honest charm, sensibility and heart.

That makes the perfect woman roughly 7% of me and 93% of Fabs. Hmmm...

I know the perfect woman. She is my perfect sister.