Friday, September 02, 2005

Signs of Fall

I absolutely adore Fall; changing leaves, crisp air, yummy cashmere sweaters, an end to the profuse sweating and climate oscillation that comes with the Summer indoor/outdoor temperature differentials, perhaps my ski bunny vest being put to use, football season naturally, and clear skies that seem almost sharp in contrast to the haze of summer. Of course none of this applies to the seasonless netherworld that is San Francisco, but I can still sense the anticipation of Fall in the people on the streets.

For the mass media junkie that I am, Fall also signals the arrival of new television shows and the return of my most favorite programs, destined to hook me with attractive leading men, gratuitous plot complications and romantic entanglements. However, the process of ironing out my chosen obsessions for the season can become quite daunting, thanks in part to the networks' fondness for changing the day a program airs, widespread premiere week inconsistency and the need to reset all of my Tivo Season Passes.

Happily, the TV Guide Premiere Date list and Fall TV Schedule (in printable form) has made this task much more agreeable and is just one more thing to love about Fall.