Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Ingenuity

For several years now I have been boycotting the Google Search (and most things Google to tell you the truth...gmail be damned), partly because I enjoy being non-conformist--that episode with the Uggs was a temporary lapse in judgement--and mostly as a personal show of solidarity (long story). I have been loyal to Yahoo! Search instead and, frankly, find it quite lovely and perfectly adequate for my world wide web-searching needs.

Until now.

I am at a cross-roads in my arbitrary abolishment of Googledom for they have created the most ingenious Google SMS search. This is pure gold, people! A value-add invention that makes it possible to essentially text message 'information' while at the same time putting a nail in the coffin of costly calls to 411 (and my arch-nemisis, SBC). You simply text G-O-O-G-L-E (466453) what you would like to know, local business listings, movie times, weather, etc. and it immediately texts you back locations, phone numbers, times and temperatures.

Eeeeeks! I love it!