Saturday, December 31, 2005

Skip Might Be Insulted (or Insulting)

Yesterday when sifting through my piles of Holiday mail that had accumulated in my absence, I came across a magazine of sorts called 'Heifer Foundation' with a photo of man and a cow on the cover. Surely, I thought, this is some kind of mawkish joke sent by a deranged Richard Simmons (or someone from 'Saturday Night Live') to remind me to stop eating the Christmas chocolate and my mom's mince pies.

But, no! Some further reading proved it is an actual organization and the catalog is filled with pictures of smiling celebs with various farm animals (think Walter Cronkite with a flock of fluffy, yellow chicks). The purpose of the organization is to help families in third-world countries create self-sustaining farms.

I am really not a bad person, but I think I had a fairly good laugh at the expense of those less fortunate than me. Forgive me.