Friday, August 25, 2006

Skip's a Band Aid

About two weeks ago I was introduced to this brilliant website, Track 50, that allows the user to create a customized concert list just for bands that you have specified in your account. It's masterful! How did someone not think to create this sooner?!?! Forget signing up for a million mailing lists for an Indie favorite (hi, Josh Radin, please stop sending tour updates because you are never really on tour you are simply reminding me that your song was on 'Scrubs' about 3 years ago) or endlessly scrolling through the pages of Pollstar, now you simply log in to Track 50, fill in all the bands you can possibly think of and check out your My Shows section to tell you when and where your bands are playing. It even offers links to the venue websites to buy tickets. It's perfect for music junkies like myself.

I cannot tell you how fervently I wish I had invented this tool.