Thursday, September 21, 2006

Oh. My. Awesome.

As a Shoe Buyer, I participate in many a 'wear-test' program which, though intended to direct fit and quality, basically involves me just getting free shoes (and the occasional fabulous handbag). It's probably the best part about my job. So, when asked by a co-worker almost 6-months ago to be a part of his friend's mobile phone website testing program I eagerly signed up (I'm a gadget freak, after all), while still carefully managing my expectations since I am clearly way down on the priority list as a friend of a friend of the brother's uncle or whatever. Imagine my surprise when I was informed that the influx of new 'consumer available' mobile phones in Q3 2006 meant that my number was up! Oh, happy day!

But wait, it gets better. I was concerned that my phone was going to be a beast of a machine with intricacies I could never discover and functionalities I would never use. But, today I received my free test phone, the Samsung i320N (which I must comment on and then return in 3 weeks or purchase at 50%-off the wholesale price), and I'm about to faint. No, really. I love Samsung phones, first of all, and second of all, it's incredible! Despite a QWERTY keypad, this mobile is slim and I know how to use it because I already have a Samsung phone and it has an incredible camera and nifty lights and a radio and an organizer and...I think I'm pretty much speechless...

I may have to leave work to play with my new friend.