Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Skip Goes to Canada

This past weekend, RTT and I spent a cloudy three days (love it, no, really, I love depressing weather) in Vancouver, BC. I have a few observations and then I will let my Annie Leibovitz photography speak for itself;

(1) Canadians are extremely friendly and bizarrely fascinated by San Franciscans, as demonstrated by our movie-star treatment at Parkside.

(2) Vancouver is brand new, completely dominated by high-rise glass condominiums, though the city is built on a fault-line. Apparently this does not concern the people of Vancouver as they are building even more!

(3) West is the best restaurant in Canada. No doubt about it.

(4) Sometimes, it is better to ask other people to take a picture for you. This is difficult in Vancouver though because the city appears mostly empty.

(5) RTT and I are moving there because it's beautiful and cloudy, practically devoid of other people, and all the new buildings certainly have big kitchens.


More pictures at Ofoto.