Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Skip is Magic

Three years of dedicated support for the Steelers (hi, Ben) resulted in a Super Bowl win for them in 2005. It was an almost divine moment. But, like Mary Poppins, my work was complete and I felt moved to support a new team. Ok, so not really a new team, my home team, but still. Whatever. It was time for another semi-struggling organization to feel the warmth of my encouragement, the sound of my screams at Direct Ticket every Sunday, the apparently magic Skip touch.

Since my decision to promote Bears' victories, they have gone 6-0 this season. And, last night was the ultimate proof of my witchcraft. For those of you who missed it, it should have been an easy Monday Night win for the Bears against the Arizona Cardinals. But (in retrospect, because I was tivo-ing the game and not watching it live), Rex struggled to complete a pass and had only thrown for 140-yards by the middle of the 4th quarter, there were almost 4 interceptions, and not one offensive touchdown. The score was 23-10 Cardinals (um, Edgerrin James is kind of good).

This was the point I caught up to the live feed.

And, what do you know? Charles Tillman scores on a fumble, Devin Hester returns for a 83-yards with 2:53 left and then super-kicker (not) Neil Rackers misses the field goal that would have given Arizona the win.

Seriously. I'm scared of my powers.