Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Skip is Ready to Rock

Much to my delight, I have discovered that besides New York, it seems Boston is the next best music city in the country (ok, maybe tied with San Francisco and Chicago) saturated with indie venues, budding artists, grass-roots university advocates, locally-fueled radio sations and a culture of musical appreciation. Why, just in my brief perusal of the musical options open to me, I have found several fantabulous concert hosts! Yippy Skippy!

For example, Great Scott seems like a Bottom-of-the-Hill-ish location showcasing artists like the French Kicks, Rocky Votolato and a great many DJ wannabes, while T.T. the Bear's Place (love the name by the by) up the street from Skip's house, plays the Independent-esque card with acts like Wheat, Jamie Treadwell, and James Morrison. Then, of course, there is the literally-next-door Middle East Club with more of a Cafe du Nord vibe. After that, we have The Abbey Lounge, The Paradise Lounge and Club Passim and a plethora of other bar-like open mic options.

Stay tuned (I've no doubt) for updates on my musical adventures in Boston. I can't wait!