Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Jewelry Takes Time

Forgive me, dear readers! I have not been neglecting my blog without a good excuse. While it has been a good while, I've been very busy not planning my wedding, not saving money, and not going to the gym (that is literally one block away).

Rather, I've been very busy slaving away at Talbots, my new employer, as the Buyer for Fashion Accessories, Legwear and Jewelry. I have two lovely little minions to do my Fashion Accessories and Legwear bidding, but it's a one-woman show when it comes to the Jewelry. Where it took 9 people at Banana Republic to operate a $40M annual Jewelry business, at Talbots, it's yours truly who is running the $38M show. Yipes!

It's been quite an empowering, stressful, exciting and daunting month. The beauty of this whole arrangement, however, is that as the president-CEO-Chairwoman-Commander-Fascist-Leader of the Talbots Jewelry World, anything I see that I want to develop, design or make I simply make a few phone calls and voila!

This particular perk came in very handy, in fact, when I discovered the designs of a one Kep New York, the sole jewelry designer for Lilly Pulitzer who also has her own line. I was madly in love with the gloriously delicious Chrysophase and Pearl Necklace and the Tumbling Turquoise earrings, so I simply sent them to the vendor.

Just 2 weeks and my craving will be satiated! In the meantime, the rest of the world can buy the pieces from Kep's fab website.