Thursday, January 22, 2009

Skip's Tip Top Hat Hunt

In order to glamorously convey my British-ness, I have decided that I will be wearing a hat (or fascinator) to the myriad of weddings RTT and I are attending this Spring/Summer. Of course, this requires me to find the perfect hat first...While, in an ideal world I would fly to London to visit the ancestral home and meet with my milliner, alas I am rather confined to searching on the world wide web for now.

Thus, my new favorite website is the quaint, curious site of Samuel's Hats, based in downtown New York City, selling insanely beautiful hats by Anna Rizzo, Herald & Heart and Philip Treacy, to name a few. It is a bit of a cumbersome site, but with some dedicated searching, I have found more than a few hats that I am lusting after...less Isabella Blow and more Renee Perle, I hope.






Of course, the hat is dependent on what my couturier designs for my dress...