Sunday, August 28, 2005

Skip's a Big Fan

So, my sister and I are obsessed with Jackopierce. Childish, yes, but we don't care. The band occupied our concert schedule all through high school and into college, we even flew to Houston for a New Year's concert. It was a grief-stricken day when they disbanded and chose erroneously to pursue futile solo careers. Cary Pierce had a string of unsuccessful albums that were just sad while Jack O'Neill began a new band named 'American Horse' which just screams disaster.

Luckily for us and them, the two men have come to their senses and have reformed the original Jackopierce. Fabs is flying into San Francisco for the concert at the Swedish American Music Hall on October 28th and I have written a letter;

Dear Mark,

I can't tell you how elated I am that Cary & Jack are back on tour as Jackopierce. My sister and I are huge fans...we've seen them at the House of Blue's in Chicago (with Matchbox 20 opening), Trax in Charlottesville and flew to Houston for their New Year's Eve final concert. When we discovered that they were playing in San Francisco (my current residence), my sister immediately booked a plane ticket from DC for the show at the SAMH on the 28th of October.

Now, I'm not exactly sure why I'm writing this other than to gush to you about the band or what exactly I expect you to do, but perhaps I could ask for a backstage pass or something equally innocuous but immensely exciting for my sister and I...? Thoughts?

Thanks, Mark.
Katy


We are so getting hooked up.