Monday, August 29, 2005

Spelling Matters

The spelling of my name has been an unfortunate thorn in my side for almost my entire life. I'd like to think that I'm unique because of it (Being a Katy with a '-y' has a certain sex-appeal, no?), but the truth is that it just confuses the more simple-minded among us; those people who cannot fathom spelling Katy any other way than with the insipid '-ie' ending.

Now, being a forgiving, tender woman, I'm willing to overlook this minor blunder; however, what really frosts my cookies is the penchant some people have for renaming me completely...to Kathy. Do these people not read?!?! Do they assume I cannot spell my very own name?!?!

This was particularly frustrating when the exact man I was attempting to butter up (a certain Mark C., manager of Jackopierce) condescends to write me back as 'Kathy.'

Hey Kathy,

Thanks for the email. That's awesome your sister is coming out for the show. Backstage passes aren't as exciting as they sound. Jack and Cary both spend time after the shows talking to and hanging out with the fans so there will definitely be time for you to hang out and chat with them. How's that?

MC

This simply will not do. My little mind is swirling with wicked thoughts of revenge...