Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Long Winter

Ok, so it's not Winter, but the title felt appropriate since so much has happened since I last wrote.

First, RTT and I got engaged at the Hotel Healdsburg on April 19th and then proceeded to consume the most fantastically delicious and divine meal I have ever in my life eaten (sorry, West) at Cyrus in Healdsburg.

Then, RTT and I drove across the western United States over the course of 3 days in order to arrive in Chicago in time to catch a flight to a wedding in Orlando, FL. A few things to note, Reno is very lunar, Wyoming is the most boring state in the union, french fries for 3 meals a day for 3 days will make your arteries hurt, and Utah is extremely windy. Also, travelling with cats is NOT FUN. I do not recommend it for 36 hours of travel time.

This past weekend, RTT and I, along with my parents, went to the Florida wedding of my gorgeous friend, Miranda. It was such a good time! I am now looking forward to mine....if for no other reason than to stand up the challenge of "Most Fun Wedding."

And, now, RTT and I are lazing about Chicago waiting to embark on the final phase of our drive across the country and slowly forming a plan for our own wedding, tentatively scheduled for May 9th, 2008. For my fair readers, you can stay up to date on all the insanely fun (um, kind of) plans for the wedding here.

Hopefully when I have world wide web access in Boston, I can write about more fun things. Stay tuned!