Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Skip Loves a Discount

Well, I'm pretty sure no one ever made millions working in retail...until they were almost dead. No one is in this business for the money, ask my bank account. It's the passion for product, the desire to guide the ever-fickle, ever-ignorant consumer, the glamour, the parties (um, ok, not really) and mainly, it's the discounts! Perks are what motivate people to work in retail. There are no two ways about it.

Being unemployed myself (though hot on the trail of several jobs in the Boston area, finger's crossed), I no longer am afforded the benefit of hefty 50% discounts at Gap Inc. brands, but my savvy sister, the always fabulous Fabs, has joined a company that is ripe with discounts, not only for her but for her family too! Now, that is why we work in retail. Families of Cole Haan employees get a 50% discount at Cole Haan stores and now online at Nike too! I can run in my oppressive, expansive spare time with lovely new shoes and matchy outfits!

Finally, perks for being related to Abby.