Sunday, May 27, 2007

Skip's Current Loves

When you are unemployed, as I am, there develops large expanses of time that need to be filled with activity or thought or accomplishment. I suppose I could just sleep all day (and believe me, I've tried) but then what would I look forward to at night?

Rather, being marginally OCD, I obsess about certain things that I would otherwise completely overlook or lack the time to devote to the cause. So, I figured, why not let my dear readers in on my deepest thoughts, again...

(1) I could literally listen to Chris O'Brien's song Lighthouse on repeat. Oh wait, I did. His voice is so calming yet slickly smooth. Yum. Should I be surprised that he lives in Boston?

(2) As I think about how to decorate our new Biscuit apartment (with limited input from RTT because his vote only counts 1/8) my mind fills with different personalities that might apply to the design scheme. I haven't gotten very far because, clearly, I have a lot of facets to my personality (thankyouverymuch) and my dearest Yip isn't here for guidance. I have however determined that, if possible, I would like to marry these cowhide chairs by Corbusier.

(3) While I have somewhat intentionally removed myself from the wedding planning for now (my planner, Fabs 'Mindy Weiss' Harding, is dealing with all that nonsense) as I concentrate on finding a job, I have had some time to peruse the dress options out there. First of all, THEY ARE SO EXPENSIVE! Is that a joke? $8,000 for a dress? You wear it once! Secondly, they all look the same. I got bored really quickly. I did however find one designer, Saeyoung Vu whom I love. Her dresses are ethereal and muted without being fragile or trite. I like Celosia and Lotus. To-do: lose 100 pounds and try on Saeyoung dresses when next in New York.
(4) I miss my friends. As much fun as it can be to surf the world wide web and troll for music and miscellaneous furniture, I dearly wish I could have the company of my gal pals from San Francisco. With any luck, divine inspiration will make up my mind about the 3 job offers I have and I can start work soon. Hopefully, there will be some friends for me at my new company...not that anyone could hold a candle to my lovelies in California.