Sunday, December 14, 2008

Skip Succumbs

Well, it's happened. I have given into the pressures of mass consumer culture and purchased an iPhone. I know, I know.

But, in my defense, the entire purchase was motivated by my current complete lack of cell phone service in my own flat. While I am enternally devoted to T-Mobile, if there is one place my mobile needs to ring, it is in my house! Secondly, please believe me that this was a carefully considered (and reconsidered) decision that involved multiple trips to Verizon and AT&T before I finally accepted the iPhone as my own. I tried the Storm (painfully slow) and the Omnia (frustrating user interface) but, ultimately, the iPhone was the lesser of the evils.

I hope you can forgive me, dear readers!

Update 1/18: Just a wee note, on the ridiculously cool iTunes/iPhone App store. As much as I wanted to hate it, it might make the entire conformist thing worth it. I am obsessed with Shazam (already put to use on a Ray LaMontagne song), my Traffic update application that helps me avoid road rage on my commute and the quirky Quad Camera program that has turned my otherwise crappy iPhone camera into a nifty Lomo-type one.