Thursday, September 11, 2008

Skip Loves Sperry

While I will dearly miss my delightful co-workers and co-car poolers, it is with immense pleasure that I announce my long-awaited departure from Talbots! YAY! Thank goodness! I am free of the torture and tragedy and tail-spinning at last!

Rather, I will be spending 2 weeks as a fussy puppy mummy and then will be starting at the ultimate prepster haven, Sperry Top-Sider! Not only do I get to realize my elitist, WASP world vision (sailing, polos, Top-Siders, ivy, daily cocktails at 6pm and manipulative passive-aggression) but also I have a shorter commute, more vacation time, a gym on-site and a 50%-off discount at other Stride Rite brands like Saucony (RTT already has his orders in), Keds, Robeez and Grasshoppers. I feel like I can finally enjoy Boston!

I might just have to go home tonight and have that cocktail.